In the video above I’ve described the most common causes of an Addiction to Love and Romance. Although your story may be different as we are all unique, see how much you can relate to the following more common causes. It’s not about blame, and you don’t need to forgive, but rather, accept and let go.
- Neglect, abandonment, and lack of nurturing in early childhood.
- Loss of parental figure or primary care taker in early childhood.
- Parental arguments, dispute and separation by divorce or death.
- (For female love addicts) the absent or emotionally unavailable father.
- (For male love addicts) the loss of mother’s warmth, nurturing, and love.
- Being bullied at school, peer pressure, feeling socially alienated.
- Having crushes at school from 13 to 16 years.
- F.E.A.R – False Evidence Appearing Real.
Which of the above did you most relate to?